Thursday, May 13, 2010

Not Gone

Not Gone



Through fields of dreams and misty haze, my thoughts would graze; in distant days
I’ve loved my life so many ways and there were days I’d have to praise

For all the many things I'd do; all done for you. But that you knew.

If only it were for you, too. The words you choose are not all true.

Just what you want me to believe, your perfect practice to deceive



My promise is a word that’s kept. While drama swept, my mind’s eye wept

In your life I carefully stepped and sometimes crept, yet so inept


Why would I follow down that hole? I knew your role; you played the mole.

At no time did I lose control. Despite the toll I have my soul


What you take is mine to choose but what you want is mine to lose



I only have my spoken word, with meanings blurred, beyond absurd

Think back to all that has occurred, then by the herd the truth was stirred,


So here and now in open air I proudly swear – I boldly dare
I walk from you and so declare, my heart I spare; no longer share.

My conscience still sleeps well at night, my heart still soars, my dreams take flight

No comments:

Post a Comment